For many years, I bought books – especially used books at low or clearance prices – at a far greater rate than I read them, leading me to accumulate a large personal library that mostly just gathered dust. But shortly after Christmas of 2017, my workplace prohibited cellphones, and it occurred to me that this would be an excellent opportunity to try and catch up on my reading. As of this writing (June 21, 2018), I’ve finished 7 books in 2018 alone; before this recent spate, I might get through two books a year at most.
And, if I was reading all these books, why not review them as well? So I decided I’d do quarterly book reviews, a practice I hope to keep up for the foreseeable future. I also wrote one book review in late 2017, of a long-sought book which I finally found and read (Strange Life of Ivan Osokin). All of these reviews are linked to below.
- My Most Wanted Books
- Strange Life of Ivan Osokin
- 2018 Q1: Lucky Jim, The Einstein Intersection, The Moviegoer
- 2018 Q2: Pale Fire, The Diary of a Nobody, The Crying of Lot 49, Flatland, The Screwtape Letters
- 2018 Q3: The Killer Angels, Nova, Chimera, Slaughterhouse-Five
- 2018 Q4: Who Censored Roger Rabbit?, Dune
- 2018: Overview
- The Steam Pig
- The New Perspective
- Snow Country