I want to give my most heartfelt thanks to all of you who’ve helped make this the most successful month at If You Want the Gravy… to date. September is traditionally a slow month for movies¹, and I figured after reaching a record high in July and seeing a drop-off in August, September would likewise fall short of July’s heights.
How wrong I was.
This month has set records by every metric of measurement:
- It’s the best month to date, with 1,061 views, beating July by 259 views–an increase of almost a full third!
- Likewise, this month has seen the most visitors; 714, beating the previous record by 132.
- We’ve had the best single week thus far: the week 9/22 to 9/28 garnered 319 views from 213 visitors, breaking the old records by 87 and 48, respectively.
- And last, but not least, we’ve had the single best day to date–9/19 saw a whopping 89 views, and that after the old record had been broken on 9/14, with 63 views. And 9/22 and 23 boasted 71 and 76 views, respectively–which I have to imagine breaks any record for any two consecutive days.
And it’s all thanks to you, the reader. I am most deeply grateful, and hope we can continue this success as the awards season kicks off in earnest.
The 5 most popular articles to date:
- My review of Snowpiercer (118 views)
- My review of The Monuments Men (113 views)
- My review of Enemy (95 views)
- My review of Sweet Sweetback’s Baadasssss Song (92 views)
- My review of Space Station 76 (79 views–in just 8 days!)
And now, the poll:
¹In fact, the last three years, at least one film in my top 10 was a September release: in 2011, it was Drive; in 2012, it was The Master (though as I recall that was pushed up from an October release at a fairly late point); and in 2013, it was Prisoners. This year, however, may have broken that streak. We’ll see.